CẬP NHẬT: Theo  giải thích của  Mark Kimmit, một vị tướng đã về huu của Mỹ, thì  sự việc một hạ sĩ quan một mình sách súng và quân dụng hóa chất giữa đêm khuya tự ý ra khỏi căn cứ trong tình trạng ứng chiến thường trực, mà “không ai hay biết” – rất “ngạc nhiên”! Qua lời giải thích của ông, chúng ta có thể biết thêm rằng Vấn đề an ninh của một căn cứ ngay khu chiến không phải đơn giản là ai muốn ra vào tùy tiện nếu không có “LỆNH” xuất trại, công tác, hay hành quân v.v. Đó là chưa nói đến những kẻ có trách nhiệm AN NINH VÒNG ĐAI CĂN CỨ chắc chắn phải biết. Và ngay tại hiện trường, ngoài việc tiếng nổ của súng đạn làm chấn động đánh thức cả làng, mà nếu chỉ là một người lính đơn độc, thì không thể chế ngự được đám đông mà tàn sát, và  một người đơn độc không thể đem theo đầy đủ hóa chát súng đạn để tàn sát 16 ngừoi rồi đốt xác.  (http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2012/03/12/kimmitt-afghanistan-shooting-signs.cnn)-
2- Cũng theo bài tường thuật mới nhất của BBC (tham khảo dưới phần ý kiến) , thì rõ ràng có nỗ lực che đậy  đánh lạc hướng dư luận từ phía Quân Đội Mỹ. Những chi tiết Quân Đội Mỹ cung cấp đã lộ ra là không đúng với sự thật. Vị trí ngôi làng cách căn cứ quân Mỹ từ 5-7 cây số, chứ không gần khoảng 500 m hay 1 cây số như Mỹ loan báo Và tên lính sát nhân này không phải lén đi ra khỏi căn cứ MỘT LẦN  mà hắn ĐI RA ĐI VÀO hai lần giữa khoảng  0.30 khuya trở về lúc 2 giờ sáng và lại đi và về lúc 4 giờ sáng. .Và như vậy Hắn cũng không thể ĐI BỘ trên 20 cây số (2 lần đi về) vừa lùng xục từng nhà ở hai ngôi làng vừa giết người trong khoảng thời gian ngắn như vậy! Hắn phải có đồng bạn và phương tiện chuyên chở!

Dân làng cho biết thêm là họ nghe tiếng súng nổ và tiếng trực thăng vào lúc 2 giờ sáng. Nghĩa là lúc tên sát nhân này đang giết người thì cũng có trực thăng vần vũ trên không để “yểm trợ” hơn là để ngăn chặn như tại Mỹ Lai. Cũng có nghĩa là không phải chỉ có một mình tên trung sĩ thường vụ này. Ngoài ra 3 căn nhà bị tấn công không phải chung một làng , mà là năm cách nhau  ở trong hai làng kế cận nhau. Những chi tiết này khẳng định lời tường trình  chính thức của quân đội là đang nỗ lực vẽ lại một sự kiện thàm sát có tính trước của cả quân đội, thành một vụ nổi điên của chỉ một cá nhân do vết  thương ở đầu và say ruọu làm bậy mà thôi
Riêng với người Việt Nam thì quá dễ hiểu rồi. 500 người làng Mỹ lai, dù có cả nhân chứng sống là thượng sĩ  Hugh Thompson, người đã phải dùng trực thăng xạ thủ để ngăn chặn cuộc tàn sát- mà cuối cùng cũng chỉ có một mình Caley bị kết tội và sau đó được khoan hồng!!! Và cũng phải mất 2 năm sau nỗ lực che đậy của quân Mỹ mới bị lột trần và sáng tỏ rõ ràng.
Chúng ta vẫn cứ phải chờ. Nhưng một điều khẳng định là Nhà Nước Chính Phủ KHÔNG BAO GIỜ NÓI THẬT.
——————–

How it happened: Massacre in Kandahar

An Afghan man examines the scene of one of the attacks in Kandahar, 11 March Ashes and what appeared to be bloodstains could be seen inside one of the houses attacked
In the pre-dawn hours of Sunday, a US soldier stationed at a base in Afghanistan’s Kandahar province allegedly launched a single-handed gun attack on nearby Afghan villagers.

The soldier, who has not been named, is said to have broken into three homes in three different locations in Panjwai district – the villages of Alkozai and Najeeban and another settlement known locally as “Ibrahim Khan Houses”.
Details are still emerging about the exact sequence of events after the soldier left his base in Panjwai.
But by the end of the attack, 16 people, nine of them children, were dead and five wounded. Some of the bodies had been set on fire. The killings have devastated these remote farming communities.
Timings?
Initial reports said that the soldier simply walked to the villages, which were located about 500 (546 yds) from the military base in Panjwai district.
But local journalists say that the villages of Najeeban and Alkozai are about 5-7km (3-4 miles) apart. This immediately raises questions about accounts which said he completed his deadly circuit on foot.
An Afghan guard at the Nato base told the BBC that the soldier left the base twice. He returned at 00:30 local time (20:00 GMT) after the first trip out and was out between 02:00 and 04:00 for the second trip.

map

Witness accounts from people in the villages paint a chilling picture with curious and sometimes contradictory features.
In one village the soldier reportedly went from house to house, trying the handles of several doors and entering the homes and killing those whose doors were unlocked.
Many of the villagers are not permitted to leave their houses at night, so the sense of fear was particularly acute.
“When it was happening… we were inside our houses,” he said. “I heard gunshots and then silence and then gunshots again,” resident Abdul Baqi told the Associated Press news agency
A woman in one of the villages targeted by the soldier told the BBC she first heard helicopters at 02:00 and then gunfire. Others said helicopters and gunfire could be heard from midnight.
It is unclear if extra troops had been sent out after the attacks to apprehend the gunman.
Some villagers say that helicopters were flying overhead as the killings took place. Many locals appear to believe that they were in fact supporting the operation rather than trying to stop the gunman.
But correspondents say helicopters are frequently heard overhead in parts of the country.
‘Pretending to be dead’
There appear to be few witnesses who actually saw the attacker.

“Start Quote

The Americans stayed in our house for a while”

Jan Agha Massacre survivor

Mohammad Zahir, told the AP news agency how he watched the soldier moving through his house apparently searching for something and shooting at his father when he emerged from a room to investigate the disturbance.

Another eyewitness, 20-year-old Jan Agha, told Reuters he had been woken by gunfire along with his father, who peeped nervously outside through a curtain.
Suddenly more shots were fired and his father fell dead, hit in the throat and face. Also killed were Mr Agha’s mother, brother and sister.
The young man said he had survived by lying on the floor, pretending to be dead.
Speaking through tears, a grandfather, Samad Khan, told Reuters news agency that 11 members of his family had been killed, including his children and grandchildren.
The farmer, who had been away from the village when the attack happened, said he believed that chemicals had been poured over the bodies and set alight.
Photographs show at least one child’s body partially charred, while a pile of ashes lay on the floor of a room in one of the houses with what appeared to be bloodstains close by.
Images of the bodies also suggest that at least some were killed by a single shot to the head.
Was he alone?
American military officials say that the suspect – who was wearing night vision goggles – acted alone before surrendering.

US and Afghan soldiers man a watch-tower at their base in Panjwai, Kandahar, 11 March The base in Panjwai is heavily guarded by both Afghan and US soldiers

Some survivors of the attack believed that more than one soldier was involved but Afghan officials, who intially considered this theory, now say it is likely only one attacker was responsible.
Nato officials have consistently maintained that there was only one killer.
The soldier, a staff sergeant, was working alongside special forces as force protection. Part of his role was to guard the base for special forces, which would have enabled him to come and go more easily. He had not had special forces training.
The Afghan guard at the base told a BBC reporter that when the soldier returned to the base after the first trip out, he greeted them in rudimentary Pashto.
Intelligence sources in Kandahar have confirmed that some troops stationed at that base were involved in ongoing negotiations with locals trying to convince them to return to their villages, after the Taliban were cleared from the immediate area.
The AP news agency quoted officials as saying that he is 38, married with at least two children.
He had served three tours of duty in Iraq – being deployed to Afghanistan for the first time in December – and has served in the army for 11 years.
Some reports say that some time before the killings, the soldier suffered a nervous breakdown
—-